Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Down Memory Lane - The Hill Trolleys


Out of the history book - one of the very first photos I ever took in my life circa 1953 (yse 60 years ago).
In our backyard at No 2 Marlow St Wembley our pride and joy our hill trolleys. My mate Peter and I built them and terrorised neighbours by ploughing through their garden beds and racing them down Reabold Hill against the traffic.

In the backyard is our cubby house built by my Pop (grandad). You can see the chookyard and lemon tree in the background. Over the back fence is the Brigidine Convent where I attended school for three years with the Brigidine nuns. I still remember getting bthe 'long cane' from head nun, Mother Joan for letting down the tyres on Terry and Brian Burke's tyres. Some might say I should have let down more than their tyres but I would never say that.

You may have noticed the photo is not all that sharp; the main reason for this was I was perched atop a six foot step ladder balanced on the thick couch lawn to get a better view. Things were shaky and I am not all that great with heights. About that shadow; all I can say is it wasn't there when I pressed the shutter on my Pop's Brownie 620.  

No comments:

Post a Comment